Thursday, August 25, 2016

Zoo Animal Masks: Part I, The Caracal


handmade masks

Recently, I had the opportunity to create zoo animal themed art work to place in an up coming exhibition. After dusting off my mask making skills, I got to work!  

caracal

The inspiration for my first animal mask was a Caracal, a medium sized cat found in Africa, the Middle East, and parts of India. Caracal have absolutely amazing ears, all the better to hear you with....and really fun for mask making!

caracal mask


And while the Caracal was incredibly fun to make, the urge to make a Punk inspired Caracal was overwhelming.....mask number 2 was created. 

punk rock mask

Using different materials was inspiring, and thinking about different types of stitching to complement the look was oddly challenging, but ultimately freeing...I've worked really hard have neat, regular stitches  



handmade mask








4 comments:

  1. O.M.G.!!!! Just found your etsy shop via another blogger's post about using your pattern for her son's Halloween costume. You are ONE TALENTED LADY!!!!
    That's all, just wanted to congratulate you on your talent, and hopefully one day I'll find a need to use one of your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Do you have the caracal mask pdf tutorial for sale? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information. marmoset monkey for sale

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thank you because the article has told me something new. You can also read our blog :
    Cotton mask

    ReplyDelete