Thursday, October 11, 2018

Masks and Hoodies



Wolf Mask Hoodie
Every Halloween I gets questions from well meaning parents wishing to make masks for infants and toddlers.  It has been my experience that very young children do not like things on their face, even a beautifully crafted mask. However, I think I've found a solution that will make both parents and children happy this Halloween!

I added a wolf mask to the front edge of a hoodie, and the result was quite delightful!  My lovely model was 4 and could probably wouldn't mind wearing a mask, but really enjoyed the hoodie. 

Wolf Mask Hoodie
I stitched eyes that consisted of 3 concentric circles to a white background. After the eyes were stitched, I simply added them to the back of the mask.  If I had this plan in mind from the beginning, I would have not cut the eye holes in the base mask and added the eyes earlier in the process.  Because the muzzle can be a bit floppy I added a couple more layers of felt to the muzzle. 

Wolf Mask Hoodie
 
The mask is attached to the hoodie at the center front, between the two ears.  It is attached on the lower edge of the hood.  The mask is also attached on the sides between the two points on the wolf's cheek.
Wolf Mask Hoodie

The whole process took only slightly longer than making the mask, as stitching around the eyes did take a little while, but the effect was well worth it!  

Wolf Mask Hoodie

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I have never this kind of mask over hoodie! i'd do purchase wholesale champion hoodies
    but this is something new and interesting

    ReplyDelete