I've been working on a BIG project. I decided I am going to expand my pattern selection on Etsy to include children's clothing. This jacket is the first design I am working on. I made it through the design phase, all the reworks, and I finished "size 4" this weekend.
Little Miss loves the jacket! I am happy with the way it turned out, as well.
Today I moved on to grading the pattern. I've been dragging my feet a bit on this step. But finally decided to just do it! I finished grading the front, back, sleeved, and hood to sizes 2, 3, 5, and 6. Now to finish all of the other pieces, write the directions and put together a size 2 and a size 6, just to make sure everything goes together correctly.
I wanted the jacket to be classy with a hint of whimsy. The sleeves are raglan sleeves with a twist, a fine detail inspired by a 1940's coat.
The hood adds a certain pixie like quality. I am especially pleased with the way the back turned out.
The rolled up cuffs add both a splash of color and the practicality of growth room. I think the red around the pocket opening adds a bit of visual interest. For the outer jacket I used a medium weight wool, the lining is a cotton velveteen.
Overall very excited with the progress so far, and perhaps even more excited to finish this project!